[Mageia-sysadm] sympa testing deployment

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Dec 9 15:15:29 CET 2010

Le jeudi 09 décembre 2010 à 01:44 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> after putting the final touch to the work done by dmorgan on sympa, and
> setting up the various antispam stuff, I am about to deploy it, for
> testing purposes.
>
> So, I will likely deploy this tomorrow for testing, between the 2 I18N
> meeting ( as I was asked to be there by Oliver Burger this afternoon,
> and Marianne Lombard, but do not hesitate to be there too, if I do not
> manage to wake up in time ).
>
> For testing, I suggest to create 2/3 mailling lists, let people post cat
> pictures, etc, try to break the system, and note everything that should
> be changed on the wiki.

So, the more observent reader of this ml may have seen that the test
sympa was deployed on https://ml.mageia.org/ . I forced https, much
simpler.

Only one ml was created :
https://ml.mageia.org/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi/info/test_sympa

Can people try to :
- log using their identity account ( mail or login )
- try to create new ml ( that should be granted ), change passwords, etc
- send mail to the mailling list ( we do have greylisting )
  - if it doesn't work , provides me with enough information ( I am on
irc as usual )

Work still needed :
- list policy creation
  - how do we decide to create a list
  - what type of list do we offer

- default settings of list

- deployment of the 2nd smtp on K
  ( just some things to uncomment and to test )

- gmane/etc subscription ( if needed )

- templating
  - remove features that do not work
  - add our shiny logo somewhere
  - add links, etc

- decide what language we want to support in the interface.