[Mageia-sysadm] sympa testing deployment

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Dec 10 22:02:12 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 08:18:53PM +0100, Luca Berra wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 01:44:21AM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> >Postfix + puppet
> >----------------
> >- due to the way that puppet work, we cannot have postfix as a default
> >server to relay mail, and postfix as a regular mail server. So either we
> >remove postfix from the class default_mageia_server, or we use another
> >MTA. I have added small configuration for ssmtp, but this doesn't
> >satisfy me ( because postfix is indeed doing well ). So if someone has a
> >idea, do not hesitate. I have tried various thing with tags, etc.
>
> can you elaborate on this point, my knowledge of puppet is near zero, so
> i cannot even grasp the problem.

It is a pure puppet problem.
I want to have a setup of postfix to relay local mail on all server.
So I have by default all servers
using simple_relay class, which install postfix and setup for basic relaying ).
And for some servers, I want to have a more complex setup.

So this mean the file main.cf is managed by 2 class, postfix::simple_relay
and postfix::primary_smtp, and this cause a conflict.

So i ressorted into setting postfix by default everywhere, and add a exception
for the smtp server ( ie, there is a class of default setup without postfix
relaying, thus not being real default anymore )

But that's not a big problem, just that I think this is not elegant.
This is fixed and working fine since mail have been sent on the test ml.