[Mageia-sysadm] sympa deployment II

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Dec 14 02:06:46 CET 2010

Hi,

so after working on the puppet sympa module, i have finished ( or at
least I hope so ) the main backend work.

So I have dropped the database, erased the testml, and restarted from
scratch.

Among others changes, people should not be able to subscribe without
using a ldap account. The template still offer the possibility ( or I
think ), but it shouldn't work.
Of course, once we will be ready, people will be able to use catdap to
open a account.

So, I will later create some test ml for the various type of ml I sent
last week, but for now, there is just the same public test ml.

I just miss one or two scenari, and so the ml should not work yet. I
will warn tomorrow when it should be ok, if anybody want to participate.

( and I guess that one of the first mls I will create will be one to get
our svn commits, and and another one for puppet messages, once
everything work )

Step missings ( some may requires further explanation ) :

- validate the setup ( -> sysadm )

- be sure that the ldap changes we discussed in " [LONG] sympa ( and web
apps ) ldap authentication" are done ( mainly mail uniqueness, but also
the secondary one would be nice to have ) -> sysadm.

- write some kind of policy/webpage/documentation for ml, how to
request, how to add a ml, etc ( -> sysadm + founder )

- recruit a team to moderate ( ie remove the spam ), already on wiki
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=mailinglists ( -> founders )

- create a ldap group of mga-ml_moderators ( -> sysadm )

- deploy and the secondary mx on krampouezh
( -> sysadm )

- test antispam, test greylisting, make sure that postgrey is not too
annoying, see bluca mail ( -> sysadm )

- enhance web interface templates, and do a list of what should be
changed, write it somewhere ( -> webteam )

- decide what language we will support in the interface and what it will
impact ( -> sysadm, webteam, i18n )

( see commit 556, enabling the locale in sympa require use to install
locale-$lang on the server, not sure of the implication )

- add a web 2.0 "beta" sticker and announce it ( once it is ready )

- get a list of ml we will need to create ( -> all teams )

- see how we can use the topic feature of sympa for ml classification
( -> webteam + others ) http://www.sympa.org/manual/customizing#topics

- prepare the planning for migration of mls one by one, once we
validated that it work ( -> sysadm + webteam )

I will contact the webteam during tomorrow's meeting, maybe I should
subscribe to their ml too.