[Mageia-sysadm] some change to ldap

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Dec 14 17:57:40 CET 2010

Le mardi 14 décembre 2010 à 16:06 +0100, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Michael Scherer wrote:

> > - try to enforce mail uniqueness for secondary mail. I suspect this
> > would requires using unique on another ou using a proxy on localhost,
> > and while rewriting mailAlternate to mail, using rwm ( in short, a
> > hack ).
>
> Do we need mail uniqueness for secondary mail ?
> Actually I didn't really understand the use of secondary mail yet, so
> I'm not sure.

It depend on what we do with them.
If we do nothing besides displaying them, yes, we do not need to have
them unique.

If we allow to use them as login like we do for primary mail, then it
should also be unique ( or problem will arise ).

ie, if I add misc at zarb, misc at mandriva, misc at mageia in ldap as email, the
first one being the primary email, the 2 others would be listed as
secondary mail, in mailAlternate.

The question is do we let people use them like they use the first ( ie
to log, for example, on sympa, in complement to login ).

For now, and for example on sympa, I can use misc, or misc at zarb. One of
the thing we could offer is to also let people use their others emails,
ie misc at mandriva, misc at mageia . It is just 1 line to add to the ldap
query used for web interface.

Advantage :
- less time lost because people used the wrong mail for those that use
more than 1 email