[Mageia-sysadm] About build system setup

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Mon Nov 1 02:49:40 CET 2010

* nicolas vigier (boklm at mars-attacks.org) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some discussions tonight with blino on IRC about build system,
> some infos :
>

>  * On Mandriva build system we had one ~mandrake user doing everything
>    (build bots, scheduler, mirrors, sign packages ...). Now we can split
>    this to have one user for each task. We can have the following users :
>    - buildbot (to run iurt on build nodes)
>    - schedbot (youri/ulri/emi)
>    - signbot (sign packages)
>    However we already have a mirror user on valstar. Is it ok, or should
>    we rename it to "mirrorbot" ? Or remove the "bot" suffix from other
>    users ?

I created the mirror user to be the owner the mirror tree. The username
can be changed, at time it only exists in passwd file to wait ldap,
a massive chown() is also still possible (the mirror tree is less than
1MB... at time).

May I also suggest we split 'mirror' user in two part:
- one owning the top level tree and "static" data, or data we push
  manually (iso, doc, ...)
- one having permission on distro then able to redo hdlist and push rpms.

Maybe it is too much ?

Talking about mirror, you can push everything you need to setup BS on
mirror tree until you respect the structure. rsync.mageia still point to
ryu.zarb.

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS