[Mageia-sysadm] Packages SVN

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Wed Nov 3 16:39:27 CET 2010

Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:

>> > What would be trademarked in the svn log ?
>>
>> Not in the log message, but in the commit contents.
>
> If we treat this content like we treat the tarballs, then we could
> workaround the problem, no ?

How so?

>> > And more ever, what would be trademarked that we could not remove once
>> > we found out ?
>>
>> Names, images, themes, colors.
>> Since there is still no svn obliterate command, this is quite hard to
>> remove once imported.
>
> So this would also mean we will import only after having cleaned the
> various packages ?
>
> This mean then that a review must be started ASAP ( in my humble
> opinion ).

Yes, I started looking at that back in August, and mentionned this in
the project chan.

On a minimal install without suggests, I found this files with
the "mandriva" name: http://pastebin.com/r5fEpUpQ

These are the most obvious to start with.

But we should check with the board if we want to go that far.

--
Olivier Blin - blino