[Mageia-sysadm] Packages SVN

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Wed Nov 3 18:16:29 CET 2010

Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:

>> > If we treat this content like we treat the tarballs, then we could
>> > workaround the problem, no ?
>>
>> How so?
>
> Well, in fact, it depend on what we do not want to include.
>
> For data ( icones, theme, images ), we can simply put them outside of
> the svn, like we plan to do for tarballs.

The plan is to put tarballs in an additional SVN, right?
We still have to deal with that.

>> > So this would also mean we will import only after having cleaned the
>> > various packages ?
>> >
>> > This mean then that a review must be started ASAP ( in my humble
>> > opinion ).

[...]

>> But we should check with the board if we want to go that far.
>
> Sure. But what is exactly the question :) ?

Do we filter potentially trademarked/copyrighted content in the src
packages before initial import?
Or do we import the whole Mandriva SVN as is to bootstrap?

IHMO, we shouldn't take the risk of hosting Mandriva material, even if
this will slow down the process.

--
Olivier Blin - blino