[Mageia-sysadm] Packages SVN

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Wed Nov 3 23:12:53 CET 2010

nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> writes:

> We can also remove history on cauldron binary branch, although it will
> require to stop new commits for a few minutes/hours, doing something like
> this :
> http://robmayhew.com/delete-parts-of-subversion-history/

Right, we could do in such a way.
Each N distro branch could contain binary history from N-1 to N.

For example when we release 2011.1, we would have binary history in the
2011.1 distro branch from 2011.0 to 2011.1, and start cauldron from a
one-revision copy.

Though, there is a disadvantage that could get problematic, when we do
backports, we would have to copy the binaries to all target distros, and
it would not be a cheap SVN copy anymore.
This could get pretty big with games and OOo...

--
Olivier Blin - blino