[Mageia-sysadm] Usernames, uids, and groups

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Nov 10 15:38:32 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Buchan Milne wrote:

> > But we already need need (restricted) shell access for mdvsys submit.
>
> Why? In the original repsys model, a request to "build pkg foo rXXXX for
> release Y" was all that was required. While I agree it may be quicker to go
> with mdvsys/iurt etc. now, why should submission require shell access? AFAIK,
> other similar tools (koji, OBS) don't.

Yes, mdvsys is only using ssh to submit the request (calling create-srpm
with some arguments). We can maybe use something else than ssh to submit
the request, if the setup on the servers and support in mdvsys can be
done without too much work.

What other protocol do you suggest for sending the build requests ?
I see Koji is using SSL certificates or Kerberos for authentication.