[Mageia-sysadm] Usernames, uids, and groups

Luca Berra bluca at vodka.it
Wed Nov 10 18:46:05 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 06:11:21PM +0100, nicolas vigier wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Luca Berra wrote:

>> sure, except the fact itself :P
>
>You could hide it easily. Edit a script called "backup.sh" containing
>"exec bash" and run it with sudo.

Agreed,
there are many ways an admin can cover its tracks.
The best you can do with current unix semantics is maintain a record
somewhere that user x did administrative tasks on server y at a
specified time, I don't know if any of this is actually required by
mageia, and if i am just chasing ghosts.

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at vodka.it