[Mageia-sysadm] Installing firewall

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Nov 12 18:30:46 CET 2010

Hello,

The Mageia packages repository will be stored on valstar. As the
repository will be needed on build nodes, it will have to be either
mirrored or mounted via nfs (readonly). If we use nfs, I think we should
first setup a firewall before installing the nfs server. A firewall
would also be useful to filter connections to the pgsql/mysql servers,
to the build nodes, etc ...

I suggest using shorewall to manage the firewall configuration. Any
comment about this ?

I plan to write a shorewall module in puppet, test it on jonund first,
without installing shorewall (only writting the config files), then
install shorewall on jonund, and if we didn't lose access to jonund
install it on other nodes.

Nicolas