[Mageia-sysadm] Main tasks for the next days

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Nov 18 19:05:10 CET 2010

Le mercredi 17 novembre 2010 à 22:22 +0100, Olivier Blin a écrit :
> Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:

> > If the name is used in a comment, in a procedure or variable name, or in
> > a url for technical reason, I do not think it need to be removed
> > ( except for technical reason, obviously ).
>
> Agreed as well

Maybe I misunderstood, but isn't it in contradiction with the
fact that you would feel safer having things buried in the svn, as said
later ?

> If the SVN is public and contain packages like mandriva-release, that's
> opening the door for potential troubles.

More than any mirror distributing them ?
( but again, i think we should rename them on import, that's cheap
enough to be a good idea ).

> > Hearst lawyers didn't asked to remove the name from svn/cvs afaik.
> > Neither did mozilla asked Debian to do so for the mozilla/iceweasel
> > case.
>
> Doesn't mean it won't happen for us :)

Can you elaborate why would they be entitled to ask ?
Trademark is what would be protected, and again, that mean the trademark
is used as such.

> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/urpm/mirrors.pm
> >
> > -> a procedure called    _mandriva_mirrorlist. Not a trademark
> > violation, as this is never displayed. It should be indeed changed to be
> > cleaner.
> > And some urls used by the procedure.
>
> I would feel safer if all these get burried and don't appear on our
> public website (viewvc).

Well, why ?

> > Now, if we decide that we also need to clean svn, we can use git and
> > tailor to do some trick to clean the source code ( ie, in the case of
> > urpmi, remove the name mandriva from the pod documentation ).
>
> We can start working in a private svn to clean the Mandriva references,
> and only publish the last revision, containing a completely clean repo

So you just volunteered to do the job. Thanks a lot ( yes, it was a
trap ).

In fact, it depend on what you call "private svn" exactly. Who will have
access, who decide, etc.
 ( and private is maybe not really open enough )