[Mageia-sysadm] progress of the night

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Thu Nov 25 19:15:48 CET 2010

Olivier Thauvin <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> writes:

> * Olivier Blin (mageia at blino.org) wrote:
>> Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:
>> Todo:
>
> [...]
>
>> - setup a cronjob to mirror /distrib/repository to /distrib/mirror
>>   (when the cauldron repo is cleaned from Mandriva references)
>
> Why don't we write directly to the tree given to mirrors ?

We will likely upload to mirrors asynchronously, not to block the build
system while syncing mirrors, so we need two separate trees.

To do this without taking too much time syncing the two trees, we can
use "cp -al" to make a hardlinked copy of the repository before syncing
to mirrors.

Also, if the distrib tree on valstar is the canonical location, naming
it "mirror" is a bit weird :)

--
Olivier Blin - blino