[Mageia-sysadm] presentations

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 6 16:52:47 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 06/10/10 15:02 did gyre and gimble:
> This is the current list of people in the sysadmin team :
> - boklm
> - damsweb
> - rapsys
> - misc
> - sevalienor
> - coling
> - neoclust
> - TMB
>
> As misc suggested, we can present ourself on this mailing list. So you
> can answer to this thread to present you.

Hello!

I'm Colin. I'm sure most of you know me from before so I'll forego the
full introduction!

In terms of sysadmin, I tend to be fairly available (not all the time
obviously, but I'm usually not too far away) and thus can help out when
dealing when things go wrong at awkward times etc.

In terms of skills related to sysadmin work, I maintain two web hosting
infrastructures based on RHEL and CentOS and look after our (modest)
office infrastructure (mostly based on Mandriva 2010.1 + OSX - no windows!).

I've experience with MySQL, Apache, Bind, DHCP, LDAP, Subversion, Git
and SSH + all the usual things.

I tend to overcomplicate my home network "for fun" to try and expand my
experience in that area.

I think that will do as a introduction to me :D

Cheers

Col

PS Can the reply-to for this list be set to the list address please?

--

Colin Guthrie
mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

Day Job: