[Mageia-sysadm] some news about the servers

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Oct 18 17:38:05 CEST 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Michael Scherer wrote:

> I think we could indeed find a rotating naming scheme, ie we let 1
> person decide the name, and decide who will be the next to choose among
> the group who can decide ( and people cannot decide twice ).
>
> This way, we maximise the happiness of people :p
>
> And we can start by boklm, and use the current sysadmin group as the
> group who choose.

Good idea.

We will have the following servers (maybe others later) :
 - Server1: bugzilla/nagios/dns1/sql/ldap/api/mail/mailling/pastebin/wiki/planet
 - Server2(valstar): svn/git/BS scheduler/hdlists/primary mirror
 - Server3: BS node
 - Server4: BS node
 - Server5: backup server
 - gandi VM1: used for dns, secondary mx, meetbot, temporary svn
 - gandi VM2: website

I select "valstar" for Server2 name. Misc you can select the name for an
other server in the list (and select someone else to choose a name).

Nicolas