[Mageia-sysadm] planning for sysadmin task

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Oct 23 21:42:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

so now the server are in place, we have to install them. Here is a
proposal of the needed services :

so as said on the blog, one of the first task should be to migrate dns
from zarb to mageia.org.
- primary dns ( on alamut )
- secondary dns ( at gandi )

Since zarb.org is hosted in the same rack, having the secundary dns
doesn't seems like a smart idea.

This one requires to collaborate with rda has he take care of the domain
at gandi. I assume that no one has a objection to use bind for that ?

Then we need to deploy the basic infrastructure for us. Again, I assume
that no one is against apache :
- ldap ( valstar or alamut ? )
- apache
- buchan application
- create account for us.

I would also and as I said before, use puppet/svn to manage the servers.
But this part will require a full mail on his own.

- puppetmaster ( valstar )
- svn ( requires ldap ), on valstar
- manage/migrate config

Then we have to take care of installing the first web applications, and
that requires a db :
- postgresql ( alamut )
- epoll ( alamut )

then the rest is less prioritary :
- postfix ( alamut )
- migrate to sympa ( alamut )
- enter everybody in the ldap
- nagios/munin ( or similar ) ( alamut )
- migrate blogs
- migrate wiki
- nanar application for mirror
- etc.

So is there any tasks that you think should be done before this ? ( ie,
not something that will likely appear in etc ).

"saving valstar" do not count, of course we need to find out what
happened.