[Mageia-sysadm] irc channel, and some guideline for coordination

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Oct 26 17:52:32 CEST 2010

Le mardi 26 octobre 2010 à 17:29 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have opened a irc channel ( #mageia-sysadm, as that's the name of the
> team, and I propose to try to keep this convention ), so we can discuss
> more easily on irc than the rather scathered discussion we have
> ( between #mageia, #mageia-fr, private discussion, #lost-oasis,
> #mageia-meeting ).

And I also forgot, I have activated a logging bot I have prepared
before, ( Muet_d_hiver, Wintermute translated in french ). It is based
on supybot ( like the meetbot instance in #mageia-meeting ) and for now,
it just log in some directories.

But I was planning to put the log in a website, as there is likely some
people who do not use screen/tmux + irssi/etc and therefore will miss
some discussions ( for example, rda, or member of the webteam, or
severine, or people outside mageia like gradator ), and it is also
easier to reference.

If someone is against, do not hesitate to tell why so we can tweak the
setup or remove it ( it also log #mageia-council, -dev and -board, who
are quite unused but registered some weeks ago for the futur, I didn't
really wanted to add it elsewhere without the consent of others users,
or the legitimacy to do so, ie, it will have to be seen with the irc
council )