[Mageia-sysadm] SQL Server

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Fri Oct 29 13:56:01 CEST 2010

Le 28/10/2010 19:02, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> We will need an SQL server for bugzilla, the packages maintainers
> database, the wiki, the blogs, the mageia.org website (not now, but
> maybe later), sympa mailing lists, transifex, and maybe others tools
> later.
>
> We can use MySQL (or forks), PostreSQL, or both.
>
> One server for everything, or multiple servers.
>
> Any ideas about this ?

The SQL Server won't be used for blogs as blogs will be hosted on Gandi.
So not on the same network.
Perf will be quite bad if WP is on Gandi but BDD on alamut I think...

Same thing for the BDD for www no?

But perhaps we can dump SQL on Gandi and save it on alamut for security
reasons.

My 2cts
Dams
--
Damien Lallement
aka "damsweb" or "coincoin" on IRC and twitter

http://www.mageia.org