[Mageia-sysadm] list of things to do in sysadmin

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Apr 8 02:02:35 CEST 2011

Hello,

As todo list on the wiki for sysadmin was not updated for a long time, I
looked at list of things we have to do.

For the buildsystem :

 Youri :
 * use upstream version of youri from zarb
 * add support for new architectures (if we decide to add ARM as
   supported architecture)
 * keep compilation logs for sucessful builds (for the last version of each
   package) #670
 * support building packages for core and tainted repositories #340
 * add priorities on builds, to be able to submit builds with low priority
   which are done when all other builds with higher priority are done
 * add support for dependencies between builds and/or api to allow
   scripting on client side. #631
 * add command to cancel a build #635
 * Decide if we use a database to store build infos, or continue to
   save them inside files and paths.

 iurt :
 * use linux containers #667
 * allow to generate src.rpm from svn in the chroot #392
 * do benchmarks with multiple builds on the same node, to see if we can
   still have acceptable performance. Two builds on each node would
   avoid blocking the build system for a few hours when there is a big
   package building

 mgarepo :
 * add support for branches
 * use anonymous svn in create-srpm so we don't need ssh agent
 * add kill command #318

 Other :
 * send commit emails for commits from apprentice
 * send failed build emails to submitter
 * enable ssh keys from ldap on valstar. Export is working (and used on
   rabbit), but we need to import all ssh keys on filesystem to ldap.
 * make tool to move/remove packages from repository (like rpmctl)
 * see how to manage groups alias for bugzilla / maintainers db

And other things :

- setup wiki
- setup pastebin
- create tool to save and share passwords http://is.gd/KDtys0
- finish setup of git repositories. Decide which tools to use to manage
  git repositories (or create our tools to do it).

Do you see something to add ? Or to remove/change ? Or other comments ?