[Mageia-sysadm] Gmane subscriptions...

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Apr 8 14:42:13 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 04/04/11 23:06 did gyre and gimble:
> tis 2011-04-05 klockan 00:58 +0300 skrev Michael Scherer:
>> Le mardi 05 avril 2011 à 00:51 +0300, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
>>> I have now added:
>>>
>>> bugs
>>> changelog
>>> packages-commits
>>> soft-commits
>>>
>>> to be tracked by Gmane.
>>
>> How ?
>>
>> Afaik, you need to open a identity account for that to work
>> ( colin already tried, I also spoke of the issue 6 months ago when we
>> talked about it )
>>>

> I got a mail from Gmane admins stating sympa dont allow subscriptions,
> and they asked to manually add a specific mail for the lists I wanted.
>
> So I just logged into sympa, selected proper list, chose "manage
> subscriptions", pasted in the mail address in "Add an user" and thats
> all needed...

D'oh!

I did wonder about this and asked Misc if it was tied to LDAP so gave up
when it was confirmed that it was indeed tied to LDAP.

I had wondered if there was a way to always CC a given address to work
around this but this approach seems easier!!!

Thanks

Col

--

Colin Guthrie