[Mageia-sysadm] Users authentication on forums

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Apr 11 17:28:10 CEST 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Raphaël Jadot wrote:

> 2011/4/11 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
>
> > Login form looks like this :
> > http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=91989
> > We would need to modify it to remove Username/Password. Replace "OpenID"
> > with "Mageia login" and automatically use Mageia OpenID server with the
> > login entered. So that each account on the forum is still linked to a
> > Mageia account.
> >
> > What do you think ?
> >

> Hello, even though I can't have a technical answer as I did not really
> look at Mageia authentication system (Blingme is certainly the right
> person), I like the idea of using OpenID
> However, if an openid is linked to a ldap account, i think having a
> mageia openID has to be optional (the concept of openID is to be
> decentralized).

The reason for only accepting OpenID from mageia, is to have a link
between the forum account and mageia account. If we allow any OpenID
server to be used on the forum, we don't know if a user on the forum
corresponds to the same user on Mageia accounts.
So I think we should only allow Mageia openid to be used.