[Mageia-sysadm] maven and possible bootstrap.

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Apr 19 17:33:06 CEST 2011

Le mardi 19 avril 2011 à 01:33 +0200, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> little thought for maven.
>
> Sshaw contributing to opensuse is writing a doc explaining how we
> failled with maven2.
> After, we plan to redo a bootstrap for maven  (which will be version 3).

Sorry, I fail to understand :

After "what", who is "we" ?

> We wanted maven to be included in mageia 1, it seems more than gold
> compromise, to really democratize mageia in the java devs , because
> the tools like NetBeans need maven to build.

What do you mean by "gold compromise" ?

> I have a proposal that can looks dirty but we could just unlock very soon.
>
> 1 - make a chroot, install the rpms for fedora maven, plexus.
> 2 - change the src.rpm so they are OK in mageia and rebuild them.
> 3 - put the rpms in the repo
> 4 - launch a rebuild rpms for them to be in rebuild _all_ mageia.

That sound ok, provided that you mean what I understood. After all,
that's the way we  bootstrap lots of stuff.

But I also think we should first focus on fixing release critical bugs
rather than trying to push maven in the repository.