[Mageia-sysadm] changing binrepos

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Aug 3 11:50:41 CEST 2011

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

> On 13 July 2011 18:09, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> > So I think we could replace binrepos svn with something like this :
> >
> > - on valstar, a script to upload a file, accessed by ssh using "mgarepo
> >  upload". The script saves all files in the same directory, using
> >  sha1sum for the filename.
>
> Er, could we at least use subdirectories[1] in order not to have metada
> performance issues?
> Just remember slowness on mdv SVN server due to all that many
> files in one directory?

Slowness on mdv SVN was different, it was a directory inside svn, not a
real directory. Here we have an ext4 partition with dir_index option
enabled, so I think a directory with a few thousands files should not
be a problem. But we can still create subdirectories later, if it is
really needed, but I don't think we will need it.