[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-dev] strange perl faillure on the BS

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:51:36 CET 2011

On 15 December 2011 10:23, Jerome Quelin <jquelin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> However it works locally with iurt with an up to date local mirror.
>> I cannot reproduce this.
>> There's a bogus warning about undefined symbols but it's not the issue.
>>
>> Any idea?
>
> it rings a bell - i think i remember encountering this.
>
> iirc, it's related to CFLAGS being set to sthg different from the
> compilation. but it should be fixed by the patch
> perl-5.14.0-fix_eumm_append_to_config_cflags_instead_of_overriding.patch
>
> i may be totally wrong, of course. :)

Thanks!!!

And since latest upload of RPM4, we have a newer perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
that override the core perl modules but doesn't have the core perl patch...

It did got installed:
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/updates_testing/20111214235214.tv.valstar.20063/log/perl-RPM4-0.25-2.mga2/rpm_qa.0.20111214235303.log

Its testsuite doesn't even pass:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker/current/SPECS/perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker.spec?r1=163823&r2=163825

So we should apply a similar patch on top of perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker...