[Mageia-sysadm] Toys&Tools for Mageia Infrastructure
n54 at gmx.com
Fri Dec 16 02:20:42 CET 2011
As we all know more important for a Linux distribution than packaging
itself is the infrastructure.
I'd like to contribute doing some toy projects, that may be useful for
the others. Here are some of my ideas (some of them are already working
as a preview):
1. *Mageia packages maintainership daily statistics* - It's already
working here http://kamil.mageia.org.pl/MageiaStats/
2. *SVN searcher* - Preview is working here
http://kamil.mageia.org.pl/svnsearch.cgi - data is a few weeks old,
3. *Missing dependencies daily statistics* - to-be done
4. *Statistics about our packagers* (like https://cia.vc - but more
information) - to-be done
5. *Build server statistics* - to-be done
And a few more ideas.
Some of the projects above are more toys than tools, but anyway I find
them handy (like the maintainership statistics).
So then I have two primary questions:
- How to you find that, is it possible to (say daily, weekly)
synchronize Mageia SVN (only Cauldron tree?)? What about fetching
svn:log data? It's a few GB of data and a lot of files, directories
- If the data is open to everyone to read (pkgsubmit, cia.vc, etc), is
it fine to store it in one private or public place? Is this against
privacy of our packagers?
More information about the Mageia-sysadm