[Mageia-sysadm] SSL certificate
rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:41:29 CET 2011
reminding previous discussion about that. Misc built
I'd propose we go for Gandi for the following reasons:
* mageia.org domain is there already
* provides wildcard (120 € a year with their Standard, or 265 with
their Pro offer - https://www.gandi.net/ssl/compare )
* you can get refund within 30 days if you have a pb
* accepts not-for-profits (no verification for Standard offer,
requires papers for Pro offer)
* we can pay from France
* it's a decent one, regarding others' prices from the list
* Gandi is a good player AFAIK and reputation seems good to me
Disclosure: I do know people there and I do use it; that's in part why
I bother to recommand this solution.
Misc, could you elaborate on the security record thing?
For other solutions, Cacert is not an option so far. RapidSSL looks
interesting as a second option.
More information about the Mageia-sysadm