[Mageia-sysadm] SSL certificate

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:41:29 CET 2011

Hi there,

reminding previous discussion about that. Misc built
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:certificates .

I'd propose we go for Gandi for the following reasons:
 * mageia.org domain is there already
 * provides wildcard (120 € a year with their Standard, or 265 with
their Pro offer - https://www.gandi.net/ssl/compare )
 * you can get refund within 30 days if you have a pb
 * accepts not-for-profits (no verification for Standard offer,
requires papers for Pro offer)
 * we can pay from France
 * it's a decent one, regarding others' prices from the list
 * Gandi is a good player AFAIK and reputation seems good to me

Disclosure: I do know people there and I do use it; that's in part why
I bother to recommand this solution.

Misc, could you elaborate on the security record thing?
(http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/rogue-ca/ ).

For other solutions, Cacert is not an option so far. RapidSSL looks
interesting as a second option.

Romain