[Mageia-sysadm] Login blacklist on identity

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Feb 10 15:28:19 CET 2011

Hi,

While thinking about setting email alias, I realized that if we are
gonna offer alias to various people, we should maybe forbid certain
login to be registered, like press, contact, president so they do not
clash in the future.

Is there anything to add on that list :
 contact   -> already used on the current website
 press     -> the same

 president -> could be nice to have
 secretary -> ditto
 treasurer -> ditto

security ?

The goal is not to be exhaustive just to prevent stuff that are easy to
avoid. The goal of the blacklist is not to implement policy for naming
besides obvious clash. IE, I think we should not add sarkozysux/rox or
stuff like that, because this is a never ending task.

And for obvious reasons I prefer to keep the list as small as possible
for a start ( and so only for thing when they are in practice used ),
and later let it grow.