[Mageia-sysadm] Login blacklist on identity

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:36:08 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 15:28, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While thinking about setting email alias, I realized that if we are
> gonna offer alias to various people, we should maybe forbid certain
> login to be registered, like press, contact, president so they do not
> clash in the future.
>
> Is there anything to add on that list :
>  contact   -> already used on the current website
>  press     -> the same
>
>  president -> could be nice to have
>  secretary -> ditto
>  treasurer -> ditto
>
> security ?

Yes. And marketing, communication, design, board, council, team,
teams, *master, spa[m], report, feedback, info and... well. Not all in
mind.

> And for obvious reasons I prefer to keep the list as small as possible
> for a start ( and so only for thing when they are in practice used ),
> and later let it grow.

Can't we as well monitor the list of ids being registered in case a
delicate one appears? Because indeed, we can't make an exhaustive list
(but we could build one from experience for further uses).

Romain