[Mageia-sysadm] Login blacklist on identity

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Feb 10 17:07:56 CET 2011

Le jeudi 10 février 2011 à 16:39 +0100, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> >> yep
> >>
> >> and:
> >> kernel
> >> kde
> >> gnome
> > Why ?
> >
> > Each alias we add is a exception somewhere, each exception is just one
> > more hurdle in automation.
> > If the goal is to work around bugzilla lack of multiple maintainers, a
> > more generic solution should be found ( like $package at maint.$domain
> > aliases ) instead of doing everything by hand. And so using a different
> > namespace for that.
>
> because we could later organize team like kde team, gnome team, ...
> with as alias something like {kde, gnome, xfce}@mageia.org or  {kde,
> gnome, xfce}team at mageia.org

For the moment,

1) none of the concerned people have asked for that ( especially since
there is usually 1 person team at most )

2) a alias for specific discussion is just more mess
and less discussions, without archive or anything, so this is really a
bad idea for organisation, even for our french standard.

3) we do not even have maintainer or anything yet.

We wanted to avoid each team with his own ml for reason of not splitting
the discussion on several ml, this reason is still true.