[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-dev] Bugs list test?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Feb 17 19:33:19 CET 2011

On Thursday, 17 February 2011 18:32:23 Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le jeudi 17 février 2011 à 11:10 -0500, Hoyt Duff a écrit :
> > I also have a problem with mageia bugzilla.
> >
> > While I have an account, have filed a few bug reports and have gotten
> > mail from bugzilla-daemon at mageia.org, I cannot log in to my account
> > and when I request a password change, I am told "This email address is
> > not bound to an account". The address is hoytduff at gmail.com.
>
> There is nothing in ldap with this email.

For a day or two after the release of Alpha1, bugzilla still allowed local
(bugzilla only) accounts to be registered, or, at least, the "New Account"
links on the nav bar went to bugzilla-specific CGIs.

Hoyt, can you remember if you created your account on bugzilla itself, or at
http://identity.mageia.org ? (you could check your mailbox for the activation
mail to be sure).

We may need to check if there are any bugzilla local accounts that should be
moved to LDAP.

> What bug did you fill ?
>
> > As well, there is no obvious link on the site to contact an admin if
> > there is a problem, hence my post here.
>
> I guess we should add this, yes.

Of course, we need to consider the aspect of users who have forgotten their
password, can't recover it (most likely cause for now, they are privileged
accounts), and can't file a bug or so ...

I will make a proposal for automated recovery process for privileged accounts
(in short, GPG public key must be in LDAP, sufficiently trusted, the URL with
random key is sent encryped with the user's GPG public key - this ensures not
just compromise of email account, but compromise of email account, GPG private
key, and if - hopefully encrypted - GPG passphrase)

Regards,
Buchan