[Mageia-sysadm] Cleaning bootstrap

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 21:14:10 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 16:20, Thomas Backlund <tmb at iki.fi> wrote:
> Michael Scherer skrev 20.2.2011 14:04:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  since we now have opened the mirrors, do we still need to have
>>  bootstrap ?
>>

> Nope.

I would like to keep a temporary tree where the uploads will happen,
to avoid mirrors syncing partial uploads (and this would also allow
saving a lot of time by only running batch genhdlist2 on this one
after emptying the upload queue, and then syncing to mirror, without
having hdlists and packages out of sync for too long on the mirror)

bootstrap should indeed die, but I would prefer it to be replaced by
another internal repository

> BTW, do we already have an internal "backup copy" of the distrib tree in
> case valstar breaks down ? just to avoid the mirror mess mdv got hit with...

Not really and we should
There is a copy on rabbit but with no "security"
We need to have some mirror check before the copy (and some alert if it fails)