[Mageia-sysadm] svn -> bugzilla hook

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 22:59:17 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 08:47, Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 04:16:27 +0200, Ahmad Samir wrote:
>>>
>>> Are there any plans to add an svn -> bugzilla hook? (like the one
>>> that's used in Mandriva).
>>>
>>> It proved to be useful as it:
>>> - gives feedback to the reported
>>> - makes is easy for anyone to see which commit is supposed to fix a
>>> certain bug
>>>
>>> No pressure, though, just putting the idea out there for when you have
>>> the time to work on it.
>>
>> If you would gather the list of requirement for us, it will help.
>> Ie, what kind of hook would be useful, what syntax does already exist, etc.
>
> sound a good idea.   Is there a wiki page where we could do this ?

You open it. Or Ahmad, he started the thread :-p

As for the requirements, I can't speak for Ahmad, but that may start
the picture.

I used to use Trac with such a Subversion post-commit hook, as documented here:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInstall#AutomaticreferencetotheSVNchangesetsinTractickets

In short:
 - having "fixes #123" or "closes #123" in the commit message would
add the comment to ticket #123 + a reference to the commit, and close
it;
 - having "refs #123" or "see #123" in the commit message would only
add the comment + a reference as well.

Now, with Bugzilla, that could be a bit more complex:
 * should we have a "fixes #123 resolved"? or is it implied?
 * we have to make sure that our revision id is understood and
correctly rewritten to the right URL
 * how to do we make Bugzilla understand that a specific commit
revision would map to a given Web URL for direct review? (interpreting
correctly whether it comes from a git or a svn scm; or others).

Checking https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Addons#Integration_with_Source_Code_Management_programs
and then https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Addons#Bugzilla_Extensions
there seems to be some tools but I could not see one that fits here
exactly.

Romain