[Mageia-sysadm] LDAP group for translator, delegation

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Feb 22 14:12:35 CET 2011

Le dimanche 20 février 2011 à 17:11 +0200, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> On Saturday, 19 February 2011 17:07:28 Michael Scherer wrote:

> >  For delegation, I know that some stuff are planned in catdap, but for
> >  the moment do people think
> >  this is ok to place team leader as owner of the group in ldap, and ask
> >  them to use a ldap editor ( for those
> >  that know it, of course ). The connexion should be secured, and the
> >  access should be simple enough, but
> >  we should better check twice
>
> I have added some initial group editing code. It is available on
> https://identity-trunk.mageia.org . If the user logged in to CatDap is a
> member of the 'Group Admins' system group, they will see an additional "menu"
> item at the top, 'Group Admins'.

Would it be possible to get the list of people from the owner attribute
of others group ? I am not keen on keeping a list of people who can edit
group on several location :/

> By default, the view will show a search box, as well as a list of groups of
> which the user is an owner.
>
> A non-Account-admin, whose DN is listed in the owner attribute of the group,
> will be able to edit the members and owners of the group.
>
> Account admins can also edit the owners and members of the group. While the
> members/owners are displayed with their full DN, they can (only) be added by
> username.
>
> Please test it, including users who are not Account Admins.

I see nothing, I guess I will add myself in the group to test.

BTW, I have added myself and ennael as owner of the 2 groups for
packager ( as we were elected representatives ), I am gonna do the same
for wobo and oliver once I created the group for translators.