[Mageia-sysadm] [678] Do not request @mageia.org packager address for now

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Jan 6 17:28:48 CET 2011

Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 17:39 +0200, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> Michael Scherer skrev 6.1.2011 16:49:

> >> What stops us from starting to give out @mageia.org aliases ?
> >
> > Mainly decide who get mageia.org alias.
> >
> > IE, who decide who get alias. Are people who open a account on identity,
> > people who get promoted, etc ?
> >

> Well, I'd suggest:
> founders should definately use @mageia.org
> marketing should definately use @mageia.org
> bugzilla/triage team should use @mageia.org
> forum admins/moderators should use @mageia.org
Most of the time, that requires to know who is in the team. Ie that the
team is created and formalized, at least in ldap side.
And that's not the case for a lot of them.

> packagers should use @mageia.org, that way we can enforce the packager
> above for all packages going through BS
yup.
On the other hand, since people cannot upload without using the account,
the email issue is purely cosmetic, and set by the BS.

> For the other contributors that get svn access (translators/web/...)
> they could also have the alias (this could be optional, but preferred).

We do have a long list of
team :http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start :)

> For those that only register on identity to get on the forums or to
> report a bug, no alias (unless requested and promoted maybe)

well, then, this requires that
1) each team to be formalized and created, with admission process ( ie,
most are not, so far, we have sysadmin, ml_moderators, packagers,
commiters

And it would be nice to have the delegation for team membership in
catdap work ( so far, it is untested )

> > For the rest, the configuration is commented and ready to be deployed
> > ( after being tested )
> >

> I'd say to enable this for founders now so we can test it, and on next
> founders meeting we could decide if the above suggestion for the rest is ok.

Then founders must create a account on catdap. I would rather postpone
this for council/board creation, because not everybody seems active, and
I rather keep account for active people.

And we need to also discuss on the policy for account expiration. Ie,
how long do people keep the alias after leaving the project ?

But I think you can add to whoever will do the agenda for next meeting
to discuss this :)

IMHO, that's a project that would requires someone to manage and follow.