[Mageia-sysadm] Installing and using mgarepo on 2010.1

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Sat Jan 8 12:08:24 CET 2011

Le jeudi 6 janvier 2011 18:38:22, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 18:05 +0100, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > mgarepo is the new name for repsys on Mageia. On Mandriva 2010.1 you can
> > install it using the following repository :
> > http://repository.mageia.org/mageiatools/2010.1/i586/core/release/
> >
> >   or
> >
> > http://repository.mageia.org/mageiatools/2010.1/x86_64/core/release/
> >
> > To install :
> > # urpmi.addmedia mageiatools
> > http://repository.mageia.org/mageiatools/2010.1/i586/core/release/ #
> > urpmi mgarepo
> >
> > The command to use is still repsys (for now, maybe it will change later).
>
> That would prevent conflict on mdv.
>
> > mdvsys is not supported on Mageia at the moment.
>
> *gasp* *shoke*
>
> ( and that's strange, since there is support for it :/ )
>
> Does it support anonymous checkout properly ( and mirror features ) ?

If mdvsys is abandoned, I will sure miss it.

From what I remembered, repsys didn't have the convenient features mdvsys
provided, such as :
- simple checkout (mdvsys co package-name)
- extract a SRPM from svn in one command, without having to checkout first (in
fact it does checkout, but transparently)
- simple build : mdvsys build
- consult log without checkouting first : mdvsys log

It is/was really a convenient swiss army knife :(

Samuel