[Mageia-sysadm] our new server, rabbit

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 10 12:38:17 CET 2011

Le lundi 10 janvier 2011 à 12:07 +0100, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> 2011/1/10 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
>
> > Finally, what is left to do. The server was proposed to be used for
> > creating isos. I do not know exactly what is needed except lots of IOs,
> > and that it requires a local mirror of the tree. So I will add a
> > mirroring script from rsync later.
> >

> yep lots of IO. In software side, bcd with all its perl friends. We
> will need to have a replication of Mageia repository at least for
> pending isos, so Cauldron at first.

Yup. And for live iso ( as blino asked me ) ?

> Isos will have then to be synced on primary mirror for download
> purpose. I don't think we need direct access.

Depend on the iso. Some people have talked for year of automated
nightly, so I doubt mirrors maintainers will be happy with that :)

>  The best thing would be
> to be able to check remotely it's booting well in virtualized
> environment to avoid downloading full iso and then discover it's all
> broken.

We could make them started by a script, and have a post install task
that trigger a remote action ( like wget in ~/Autologin/ ) to check it
booted up to the point it can run the action.

Anyway, that's up to QA team to device a smart scheme. We can also try
to see with libvirtd to do something, yes.