[Mageia-sysadm] our new server, rabbit

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Mon Jan 10 13:03:43 CET 2011

* Anne nicolas (ennael1 at gmail.com) wrote:
> 2011/1/10 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:

> >> yep lots of IO. In software side, bcd with all its perl friends. We
> >> will need to have a replication of Mageia repository at least for
> >> pending isos, so Cauldron at first.
> >
> > Yup. And for live iso ( as blino asked me ) ?
>
> sure sorry for forgetting it
>

> >> Isos will have then to be synced on primary mirror for download
> >> purpose. I don't think we need direct access.
> >
> > Depend on the iso. Some people have talked for year of automated
> > nightly, so I doubt mirrors maintainers will be happy with that :)
>

> mmm we should check if we are allowed to have lots of downloads from
> this server as it's a free one

It depend how many iso you want to upload to mirrors. But 8GB per night
added to rpm delta is far too much for mirrors (BTW no problem on
distrib-coffee side).

I do think uploading one per weeks during the night (France Time) must
be enough for most of people. And this can be handled by mirrors.

Notice that you're afraid by IO cause iso generation, but it this server
serve isos via rsync/http/ftp/whatever, this will cause also a lot of
IO.

Another solution is too push such iso to valstar and make them
availlable from there.

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin