[Mageia-sysadm] Disk full on valstar

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Mon Jan 24 08:39:09 CET 2011

nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> writes:

>> > - do not keep src.rpm in case of failure. We do not really use them
>> > anyway, and removing them freed 6g on the server.
>>
>> We could have a cron, like on Mandriva BS, removing files older than a
>> few days (like 7 days).
>
> Or one month, or more (if it can be useful). We have 1.53T free so we
> can probably create a big lvm partition for this.
>
> Maybe we can create a 100G lvm partition for this ?

It grew to about 14G in 2 weeks, without big packages like OpenOffice or
OpenArena, we have to be careful.

Also, having more src.rpm/.info files in /uploads means the BS and its
web status will be slower.

Maybe we can move them to a /olds-uploads dir after one week, to make
the BS faster but still keep history and remove them from there after
one moth.

--
Olivier Blin - blino