[Mageia-sysadm] New test tree in ldap

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 24 10:18:29 CET 2011

Hi,

As asked by forum team, I have created a ldap subtree for testing the
phpbb ldap integration, since they want to test on a server that is not
managed by us, and so this could cause security issues ie, if a remote
server is compromised for various reasons ( like not being treated as
production, which is a reasonable assumption for a test server ) and
someone start to gather username, email, and so on.

The tree is dc=test_ldap, there is just the top level entry and there is
no acl. ( maybe I should have called it test_ldap_forum )

I am ok to give the manager password of this tree for testing and
letting people create what they want ( that's just a test one, after
all ), but maybe we can organize ourself better.

Maat, besides this, what do you need ?