[Mageia-sysadm] Viewvc installation

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 24 16:59:04 CET 2011

Le lundi 24 janvier 2011 à 16:18 +0100, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 14:46, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> > - do people from the web team want to customize it ( ie, if someone
> > devote time for that, i can add it to web like the others web
> > application )  ?
> > ( default answer : I will report this to when it will be needed )
>
> I'd see this after it is in place.

That should work now http://viewvc.mageia.org
Default look, I think the footer can be customized by configuration.
And i didn't check what do they use for templating.

> One feature I would find useful is a paragraph explaining what URI to
> use to actually checkout the code we're browsing at some place
> (anonymously or with our Mageia user id).

Yup, that's the only reason that I go to sourceforge, to copy and paste
the url ( same goes for most forges in fact ).

> That is, sometimes, I've been stuck because the URI was not just
> svn.domain.tld/{path from the web view}. But maybe that's ludicrous,
> not sure.

Well, we could, but we would have to use the default svn viewer, which
lack features, and would requires xsl stylesheet to be nice.