[Mageia-sysadm] Viewvc installation

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Jan 26 19:50:11 CET 2011

Le lundi 24 janvier 2011 à 20:00 +0100, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> Op maandag 24 januari 2011 14:46:09 schreef Michael Scherer:

> > There is 2 questions left ( with a default answer with a timeout of 2
> > days ) :
> > - what should be the name ( svn.mageia.org cannot be used, as it point
> > to a different server, a redirect can be setup to another url
> > however ) ?
> > ( default answer : viewvc.mageia.org )
>
> i want svn.mageia.org, so perhaps instead of redirect, you could do a
> proxypass (with some caching; it's mostly static anyway)? then for all i care,
> you can use viewvc or something else, if something else is done later on.

No, because the goal is to keep what is running on valstar to a _strict_
minimum.

For example, if we deploy later something to compute logs, we will have
to deploy on the frontend web server ie valstar. This mean 1) doing the
same setup twice 2) more complex setup 3) less security.

So that's just no.