[Mageia-sysadm] Apprentice account creation

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jul 8 13:04:21 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 06 juillet 2011 à 20:29 +0200, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> Hi guys
>
> Juan Luis Baptiste just kicked me as I did not do my homeworks...  He
> is mentoring at the moment 3 guys from Blogdrake. Could you please
> give them svn access so that they can commit ?

I have created the accounts and placed them in the proper group.
( in fact, I did it yesterday, I just forgot to send the mail :/ )

For adding the key, the easiest is to connect on
http://identity.mageia.org/
use "add a attribute", select "sshPublicKey" , and place the key in the
text box ( the complete line ), and then click add. The key will then be
deployed between one and 5 minutes ( cronjob )

( this way, people know how to change it if needed later without asking
to admin )

You can verify it work by doing
$ ssh svn.mageia.org

It should say something like this :

$ ssh svn.mageia.org
Last login: Tue Jun 21 16:09:55 2011 from nanardon.zarb.org
You tried to run a interactive shell.
Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.
You are member of the following groups :
mga-users mga-shell_access  mga-packagers-committers
Connection to valstar.mageia.org closed.

If there is a error message, check the login used