[Mageia-sysadm] changing binrepos
boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Jul 13 18:09:52 CEST 2011
I think current binrepos is not really perfect :
- Using separate repository for each release require having multiple
copies of some files
- removing old binary files from history is easier than before, but
still not very simple
- Using the same directory structure as packages (with current and
releases directories) in binrepos is not very usefull I think
So I think we could replace binrepos svn with something like this :
- on valstar, a script to upload a file, accessed by ssh using "mgarepo
upload". The script saves all files in the same directory, using
sha1sum for the filename. And the directory is accessible by http.
The script could also take an URL as an argument, so that the file is
downloaded from this URL instead of being uploaded by the packager (for
people with slow connection). The script can also send an email on a
mailing list when a new file is uploaded.
- the uploaded file becomes accessible at this URL :
- the same sha1.lst file as we have now is used to list binary files in
the SOURCES directory
- when doing "mgarepo co" or "mgarepo getsrpm", mgarepo download all
files listed in sha1.lst from http://binrepos.mageia.org/files/...
- when a file is no longer used, it is only removed from sha1.lst, not
removed from the server
- If we want to save space, we can have a script to generate the list of
all used files from all packages, and remove files not in this list
What do you think about this change ?
More information about the Mageia-sysadm