[Mageia-sysadm] Update procedure on sysadmin side

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Fri Jul 22 16:53:57 CEST 2011

Michael Scherer skrev 20.7.2011 01:26:
> Le mardi 19 juillet 2011 à 22:50 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> while trying to see how to do update ( since the list is quite long :
>> https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&emailassigned_to1=1&order=Importance&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=qa-bugs%40ml.mageia.org&product=Mageia&emailtype1=substring ), I searched bash history to find the procedure.
>>
>> So here is what should be used :
>>
>> # /root/tmp/mgatools/mga-move-update 1 core me-tv

Thinking a little about updates...

Should we hardlink the rpms instead of moving them,
and postpone the removal from *_testing for a few days (or ~a week)
so all mirrors catch up...

That would save the mirrors from re-downloading the stuff, and make the
updates available faster...

It does not matter much for a simple update like logrotate, but a kernel
update or a full kde update would definately benefit from it.

the downside is of course more complex code on staging/primary mirror

--
Thomas