[Mageia-sysadm] changing binrepos

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 28 13:33:36 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 28/07/11 11:55 did gyre and gimble:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2011, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>

>> But now I think about it, if 2+ packages do share the same binary, how
>> do we know it's OK to actually delete the binary from the binrepos? We'd
>> have to check every single packages sha1.lst file to see if it used
>> it... that doesn't sound ideal....
>
> Yes, we need to check all sha1.lst files to find unused files. It will
> take some time to do it and find the files that can be removed, but it
> is not urgent to remove them, so we can have a script to do it that we
> only run every 6 months, or when we need more space.

Yeah I actually missed this from your first mail, but Pascal pointed it out!

It'll actually make backporting/"updating" new packages to mga1 easier
too, as you won't have to copy the same binary to the different svn
repos (aka svn export + svn add + svn commit).

Bring it on!!!

:)

--

Colin Guthrie