[Mageia-sysadm] Banned "fendality" for spamming

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 18 11:29:31 CEST 2011

2011/6/18 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> schrieb am 18.06.2011
>
>> This way I get to know that there is such a hidden forum, thank
>> you! Why is it not visible for all mods and admins as planned?
>> Same with the mailing list for forum moderation. I remember that I
>> suggested such a forum right at the start of the forum as a
>> platform where all mods and admins can discuss such things
>> together and exchange information.
>
> I have to state very firmly that the forums administration is a topic with a
> big potential of improvement.
>
> Not the technical side, the forums are running well, even if there are some
> settings, missing features (that will hopefully come soon).
>
> I speak of improvement in terms of the leadership structure.
> Apparently we have a two classes of administrators and moderators. The ones
> of the /en/ forums and the ones of all the others, that don't get included.
> And we have a very intransparent structure there. There's no public
> mailinglist, no meeting logs, no nothing.
>
> It almost feels to me like a closed section inside the community.

The mailing list and the discussion forum for admins and moderators
are "hidden by nature" because admins and mods may want to discuss
things and exchange information about users which are not meant for
the public. We have such a hidden forum ("User") in mandrivauser.de as
well.

But I surely agree to your opinion that the hidden forum in the
english forum should be open to all admins and mods, not just a closed
club of the english forum PTBs. Same goes for the mailing list.

If we can't find a solution here, we should put this issue on the list
for next council meeting.

--
wobo