[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Mar 3 17:01:19 CET 2011

Quote: Pascal Terjan wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 16:47

> Some people get called by a nickname or a fake name and that's fine,
> still it is better than they use the same name on various related
> activities so that you know who it is, whatever the name is.
> When I meet people, they give me their name and I don't ask for their
> ID. The important thing is that they use the same name next time they
> meet me or they write an email to me.

I perfectly agree the name has to stay the same regardless if it's a real
name or a nickname, the funny thing is the only field in the
mageia-identity web interface that cannot be changed is the alias/nickname
(uid), so the nickname is actually the only name you can trust not to
change! :)

If Mageia starts using the 'cn' for the package changelogs then the
packagers can change it whenever they feel like it, causing much
confusion...
--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/