[Mageia-sysadm] No swap on alamut?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Mar 21 17:43:32 CET 2011

Le lundi 14 mars 2011 à 14:37 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:37:47 +0200, Thomas Backlund wrote:
> > sön 2011-03-13 klockan 19:07 +0200 skrev Thomas Backlund:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is there a reason we dont have swap on alamut ?
> >>

> > swap is now added and puppet is started again (was killed by oom)
>
>  Viewvc is leaking memory :
>  http://xymon.mageia.org/xymon-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=alamut.mageia.org&SERVICE=memory
>
>  See the other thread about this :
>  https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-sysadm/2011-March/003021.html
>
>  So far, the good news is that we can more easily do
>  "killall viewvc.fcgi".
>
>  But the memleak is not fixed.

After some time spent trying to find what is wrong, I still found
nothing, but noticed 2 things :
- hitting "reload" keys like crzay result in thread error,
- the memory usage seems to be linked with directory view of packages :
   /packages?view=revision&revision=75241
   /packages/cauldron/
   /packages/misc/?sortdir=down&pathrev=67674

On the other hand, this is likely the vast majority of url that will be
seen, so maybe there is no special problem.

So following what I seen on the web, I also limited the log output in
revision 1339, let's see if this help more.