[Mageia-sysadm] buildsystem => maintdb link test

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:40:53 CET 2011

Hi there,

maintdb is making some progress and we could test it already with the
buildsystem to push it some data.

Here is how it works:
 * a package P gets submitted by ennael;
 * buildsystem builds it;
 * buildsystem POSTs (P, ennael) to maintdb;
 * maintdb keeps a record of that;
 * as a default, ennael (first person to push the package) is the
official maintainer of the package; later people pushing the same
package would be co-maintainer;
 * we will implement in maintdb a method to manually change that
(assigning maintainance to someone specific);
 * we can envision maintdb to keep stats of submissions as well.

Maintdb dev instance is here: http://www.maintdb2.mageia.org.uk/

Posting a new package/submitter is as follow:

$ curl -i -X POST -d 'package=P&uid=ennael&key=m1g234'
http://www.maintdb2.mageia.org.uk/maintainers_packages/create

(exact url subject to change in the coming days - see spec on
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:maintdb#specs_actions )

Can we try that? (making the buildsystem posting - with a non-blocking
call or a short timeout - to that dev app?)

Romain