[Mageia-sysadm] Various stuff to clean on alamut

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Mar 28 19:09:55 CEST 2011

Hi,
after cleaning the ml @zarb.org ( as people may have seen with the
resurrection of old moderated mail ), I have started to look at various
issues regarding this ml :

- alamut show this error message every 5 minutes :
improper command pipelining after MAIL from alamut[212.85.158.146]

it is caused by hobbit, so that's a false positive in the log.

- xymon reports are blocked on the ml. boklm proposed to use -reports
for that, I guess that everybody will agree ? The main issue will be to
change the From header.

- there is a issue with mga-mirrors sending error to apache at mageia, and
the mail is not forwarded to anything. We have a few option :
  - ignore ( as nanar told me , it shouldn't send anything )
  - route mail from apache to us ( like postmaster, etc )
  - silence mga-mirrors

- it seems that cron is unable to backup ldap on valstar. I didn't look
at it fully, but feel free to do so.

- there is also a obscure issue with sympa, it seems to loop somewhere.
I do not have much idea, so I am on it since a few days. maybe we
wrongly installed it :/